Sunday, April 26, 2009

Self defense classes?

How do I sign up to be the "attacker" in a women's self-defense class? I'm male, early twenties. Do I have to be a specific build or no?





And will they provide me with padding/a cup and other necessary equipment to protect myself? Or do I have to bring it?





If I don't bring any protection, does that mean I won't have ANY?





Do self defense classes still teach women to go for the groin on the "attacker" and how many times will I be kicked there? Will it still hurt with a cup/padding on?

Self defense classes?
Usually the attacker is one of the assistant instructors. The only way to know is if you find some classes and ask to be their attacker. I doubt that they would just let you do it without knowing you because there is liability involved. If you are too aggressive you might hurt someone who is just beginning to learn.





If you do find some that will let you, I'm sure that they will have the gear already.





And it never feels good to get kicked in the groin no matter what you are wearing.





If you have a martial arts background you could buy some gear for yourself and then approach a martial arts school about starting a women's self defense course.

White Teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment